Monday, July 25, 2011

Date Night at the Grocery Store



I've been blessed to be able to live with one person for 29 years.  This person has seen the best and the worst of me.  We've had years of famine and years of feast.  We've had laughs and tears.  I can enter the room with my hair up and no make-up on and he never complains. 

That's why date nights at the grocery store are so special.  We're older now so eating right and taking vitamins has become important.  We walk slowly through the store together reading labels and sharing with each other information we've read or heard.  We discuss how we wish our kids would eat right, but figure they will when they are 50.  It's the beauty of being together, the beauty of being one. 

This wonderful, forgiving, caring and hard working man is my kindred spirit.  He's my best friend.  So he doesn't like to shop at the mall, hates sitting around and drinking coffee, forget chick flicks, and please don't make him go to a seminar.  But those things that count, a simple walk in the grocery store, that's what truly matters.  With hair up and no make-up.  It was very romantic.  I fell in love with him all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Praising God for this wonderful tribute to your special man! Blessings as you share your thoughts and ((HUGS))to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Robin, this is so sweet! I love the simple things in life, and i love that you have them to keep you anchored and sweet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete